GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:36:51 -0800
Cowry shells:-These shells have been so honourable and useful to us West Africans in particular.They were used as "money" during the pre-colonial era and today they have been added to the most sacred assets as far as our traditional beliefs are concerned.Demba has also been studying a trend he calls "Cowry shells and power"...this occult culture has entrenced it's roots within our midst and the belief has traversed borders.Some of the grandsons and grand daughters of our former colonial bosses are "talibes" as well.France is good example.Demba can fully recall the "va-et-viens"at the Paris Gare Du Nord that recieves and sends passengers to almost every place in Europe.In every Thalys train that goes through the Euro Tunnel or heads towards the Gare De Midi of Belgium one will meet the agents of the cowry shell cuture.Most of them give out "voyeur cards" which in most cases have the sun as their symbol.That symbol means nothing else other than showing the client that they are capable
 of seeing through the future.

This business should never be underrated by anyone.Its involves political bigwigs be they European or African. The power of that occult culture influences state matters in most cases.Demba knows about transactions where those agents are kept in dark rooms for days helping city mayors in Paris,Milan etc win elections and so on.They believe in that and the power of positive-mindedness propells them a lot. What does one expect if such a mayor wins elections or further down the line if such a presdident(European one)wins elections? He or she will succumb to that hidden power and believes in it automatically.Oooops! there are African presidents that feed on those occult things.This affects policies and other things.Crazy as it may sound we have a lot to look at and study before being able to effect change.Change for Demba means changing attitudes because attitudes are the engines of humanbeings and humanbeings are the hubs of every wheel that intends to help society move forward.

Cowry shells and the hidden power that influences minds is essential when it comes to the issue of septic politics.

If an economist warns someone who believes in the cowry shell culture,believe me that person pays more attention to the fortune teller's story than the out come of a good research paper.No wonder God was linked to banks! God is abstract and very powerful.God does not care about material,he gave us brains and we used those brains to excavate the ground and then designed coins therefore call them money.Brains and minds preceded money because money means nothing if brains disqualify it.Old dollars notes and old dalasi notes are burnt or thrown away or kept in famous restaurants as decorations.When concept or perception changes notes are  valued or simply devalued.

The culture of studying the future in the absence of science(social or physical)means retardation.Associating variables and then examining what they produce can ascertain sensible analysis. Hypothetical feelings are useful but not always reliable. Looking through the future is good when one understands that intelligence gathering or predictions are like weather forecasting.It is better for one to have good instruments and then give the audience precise or near precise news,instead of seeing snow and then the following day we wake up and see rising temperatures.

The culture of mixing emotions,hidden supernatural powers with observation and derivation of facts usually fails.

So the disease that affects policies is far deeper and more serious than some of us think.

Exporting Africa is good but Demba wants to export an Africa that teaches sense and sensibilty instead of an Africa that massages feelings through a crystal ball!

Essa Bokarr Sey

Citizen of The Gambia from Kuntaya Jokadu

All rights reserved bt chelsey printing services.

Think before you sink!
"Pessimists see difficulty in every opportunity and optimists see an opportunity in every challenge"
"Suits cannot be made without scissors and niddles,so decent minds disagree to agree"