GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:53:07 EST
Mr Sillah,
               No Mr Sillah I hold no position in the UDP leadership. Infact
I have never formally met any of  them. What I am is a concerned citizen of
The Gambia who believes our country is reeling under the thumb of a brutal
tyrant bent on subverting the rights of a good people. As is my duty as a
citizen, I have decided to partake in the political process by supporting the
people and party I believe best represents the kind of leadership I want for
my country. In this regard I wholeheartedly support the UDP . History would
bear them out as the people who stood up for what is right inspite of
incalculable cruelty that is being directed at them. And you asked about
Lamin Waa Juwara, well  he is alive and kicking the last time I checked. And
frustrated? You bet he is. What good citizen of Gambia wouldn't be these
days? He continues to believe that silence in the face of the kind injustice
that is being visited on the innocent is almost as bad as those perpetrating
the evil. He has paid a steep personal price by enduring years of illegal
imprisonment, torture and other maltreatment all for standing firm on his
believe that our nation should not be highjacked by criminals and thugs. I
and the majority of Gambians believe Mr Juwara will continue to fight the
good fight no matter what the cost is to his personal well being. He
continues to speak authoritatively for his people and party.  He is the kind
of a man I am sure you would enjoy as a dinner guest.

Karamba