GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
UDP United Kingdom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2013 12:27:59 -0700
You welcome Dr Jallow.

Daffeh

On Sunday, 10 March 2013, Baba Galleh Jallow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Indeed Daffeh. Sharia is a part of the lives of many Gambian muslims and
there are of course the Qadi courts that try cases between Muslims
according to Sharia Law. This qualification you refer to is very important;
but it did not strike my mind at the time of writing. Should I do a more
comprehensive study of Islam in The Gambia, I will be sure to include it.
Thanks for pointing it out.

> Regards,
> Baba
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:40:50 -0700
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [G_L] Gambia: Why Sharia is not an option
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Dr Jallow,
>
> I think it is worth noting that Sharia is and has always been part of the
Laws of The Gambia albeit limited to marriage and inheritance. I didn't see
this qualification in your piece. It is one thing to have Sharia but
another to turn the country into a theocracy based on the dictates of
Sharia. As you have rightly stated, that would be outlandish and likely to
provoke a backlash.

> Cheers
> Daffeh
>
> On Sunday, 10 March 2013, Baba Galleh Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>> Thanks Cherno. I did not know the Fropessor had a tail. Maybe that's why
he wears the boubou? I like the great metaphor thouh. Glad you enjoyed the
piece. Thank you.

>> Baba
>>
>> ________________________________
>> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:54:29 -0400
>> From: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: Re: [G_L] Gambia: Why Sharia is not an option
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>>
>> Dr. Jallow, as usual you got the professor by the tail. I enjoyed
reading it.

>> On Sunday, March 10, 2013, Baba Galleh Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Just wanted to share this short opinion piece published by RIMA on why
Sharia is not an option for Mr. Jammeh.

http://muslimsinafrica.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/gambia-why-sharia-is-not-an-option-dr-baba-g-jallow/

>>> Baba
>>> いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To
unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html

>>> To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the
List Management, please send an e-mail to:
[log in to unmask]いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To
unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in
the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the
List Management, please send an e-mail to:
[log in to unmask]いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
>> いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To
unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html

>> To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the
List Management, please send an e-mail to:
[log in to unmask]いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To
unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in
the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the
List Management, please send an e-mail to:
[log in to unmask]いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
> いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To
unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html

http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the
List Management, please send an e-mail to: