GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 03:20:12 EDT
Karim,

What are you doing up this time of day? I thought I could sneak in and out
without being noticed. Good to hear your voice though and I hope you're great
as  ever. I admire your conviction to Democracy and the rule of law and you
must be  steadfast. I think Yahya wants to do the right thing but he is unduly
burdened  by Shaitan's misgivings. I do have the feeling that disequilibria
elsewhere will  arrest Shaitan's forward march. Water seeks its own level
oftentimes. I've been  wondering about something lately;

I am informed that IDI has completed its feasibility studies long ago on  the
FTZ (Gateway project) and an Environmental Impact assessment had been
completed by Carr & Associates all under the auspices of the World Bank. I  wonder
what the status of the project is. I wish Yahya were not so hindered
otherwise.

Denton bridge is also due for inspection and cathodic protection. Those
barnicles from Oysters can give you the mirage of structural strength. Denton
Bridge is at risk of imminent collapse as my German friend intimates. I hope
Foroyaa can check on the inspection and or repair schedule when time permits it.
It is afterall Banjul's only connection to the rest of Gambia and  there
still are some embassies in Banjul. My friend tells me Yahya is  considering a
suspension bridge in time for the next July 22nd celebrations. I  say just build
another four-lane bridge alongside Old Denton, reroute traffic  there while
you refurbish Sir Denton. That will cost 1/3 the cost of even a  small
suspension bridge. That Yahya likes huge projects and I don't know why? Do  you Karim?

Take care Karim. God bless. Haroun Rashid. Al Khairawan. Yero is  sharing
proverbs again. He is a prophet wannabe you know. I think he got passed  over by
Allah. The job went to Muhammad and Hon. Hamat instead. MQDT  Darbo.