EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 17:19:56 -0600
>I will take your suggestion and happily drop off the list, as it is an
>unedifying waste of time, run by the kind of  petty fascist that makes a
>college education in this day and age a criminal waste of time and money.
>Please tell your little houseboy to drop me from the list.
>
>Of course, it's only thru debate and good faith conflict that progress
>occurs.  Some smart guy once said that totalitarians can forbid the bad, but
>they can never compel the good, which only comes about through the
>interactions of free men.  I really pity you.

Hi Diane - naw, please stick around. Art's suggestion is merely a
suggestion. Period. You're obviously well aware of the disparity
between institutionalized education and true learning (or the
learning process). I feel your contributions can only enhance this
mailing list.

Debate helps me to re-examine my viewpoints (some of them long held)
and I'd be the first one to admit that I'd still be a gaunt, wannabe
fruitarian, slowly but surely wasting away, had I not eventually
measured both sides of the issue concerning the relationship between
strength training and raw vegan diets.

Cheers,
Jo