EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matt Metzgar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:56:29 -0500
Robb/Keith,

I wanted to make a few points.  First, I have read Lights Out and cited it
in my book.  Second, I also emphasize variety in my training, and emphasize
it in my book as well.

It also seems like you are contradicting yourself.  You claim carbohydrates
aren't needed for energy, yet the NHE cycles carbs in.  If they aren't
necessary, why not go lower-carb all the time?  My idea is that a certain
level of carbohydrate intake is needed for energy in the modern world.
Whether you get that through a higher daily intake of carbs, or by carb-
that some minimum level of carbohydrates seems necessary for optimal
functioning, and that level can be difficult to obtain through Paleo eating
(primarily due to the large volume of fruits and vegetables that need to be
eaten).