EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 02:57:23 -0500
I should have spoken up about this issue before Art mentioned it at the end
of his last post, on the subject of running.

Please format the email you send to the list in plain text.  I believe the
only HTML we see are from some users of Hotmail.  To send plain text from
Hotmail, simply *uncheck* the Rich Text Format box.

It's possible that those making posts in HTML may never realize that others
on the list can see the markup tags in their postings in some
circumstances:  While most email readers today do present HTML formatted
email properly, some mailreaders still do not and probably never will,
particularly those on text based UNIX or VMS systems.  Whatever your reader
software, our listserv software shows all HTML tags in the digests and the
archives.  For example, I have an HTML capable mail client, but since I
receive the list in a digest each day, I can see the tags in the HTML posts:

<DIV>
<P><BR>I guess running in&nbsp; the paleo sense would be short sprints,
interspersed with walking rests: ie interval type training. </P>
<P>For example, 1) brisk walk / jog to get to the hunting ground</P>
<P>2) Sprints / Walks = periodic hunting prey</P>

Plain text is the lowest common denominator, and given the content of our
discussions, we aren't sacrificing much without HTML.

So, if you want your ideas to be considered by the entire list, and not
annoy a lot of people by merely posting, please set your email format
appropriately.

Thanks,
Ming