EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matt Metzgar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:58:41 -0500
A question: In Faigan's NHE, carb-loading takes place every 3 or 4 days.  I
am interested in trying this, but I would like a better theoretical base.
Would this type of situation have happened in the Paleo world?  In other
words, would HGs have somehow naturally carb-loaded every few days?

My only idea is that when they were not successful on the hunt (and
therefore had little protein and fat to consume), they would eat mainly
frutis, vegetables, nuts, & berries, and therefore "carb-load" in a sense.

I am interested in trying this because I feel it's difficult to get enough
carbohydrates by eating Paleo.  I tend to lose energy without sufficient
carbohydrate in my diet.