ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:09:28 -0400
Brad,
I believe you are exactly right.  God, being a loving Father, must let us
try ouw wings.   Right now, I believe that our congregation is at that
place.  Today, our minister whom we could not continue to pay, resigned.
Our leadership has been, of late, rather weak. I know that the church never
has a money problem.  How could it when God is her husband and caretaker?
Anyway, a money problem is usual a symptom of a spiritual or a faith
problem. If we were "about our Father's business" as we should be, then we
wouldn't have a money problem. I know He can and will provide.  However, a
number of our men felt that we had to be practical and face the fact that in
another three months, at our current income and outgo, we will be broke.  I
believe with all my heart that if we would really commit ourselves and all
we have to the Lord, the problem would be nonexistent.  But maybe I am just
not practical enough.

pray for us.  I have the opportunity to preach on the 18th and I pray the
Lord's direction in the message.

Ned