ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:45:26 -0500
Brad,
The only point at which I disagree is the first one.  I have a hard
time turning my back on illegal activity, knowingly.  We are going to
be talking to a police officer this week about just what our
responsibility is, if he is driving illegally.  I mean, come on, are
you saying that, if someone was driving drunk you would do nothing
because they may not be your responsibility?  Illegal is illegal,
whether it is driving without a license and insurance or driving
otherwise impaired.    I would have a real hard time not doing
something about that one.  I think that that is one of our big
problems with Chris.  He wants us to ignore his shannanigans and let
him get away with stuff.  Well, on the streets of Bangor, I can do
nothing because I don't know, but in my driveway, that's a different
matter entirely

Also, to the second point, he cannot move back home.  He hasn't
earned that.  I don't see chris as being repentant.  While Chris is
not our responsibility any more, the peace and security of my house,
and my two younger children are my responsibility, so rather than do
nothing, we will probably make some sympathetic noises and wish him
well on working out his problems.

Finally, if he wants to leave after receiving his presents, we'll
pack him up, drop him off and get on with enjoying the rest of our
day.  That is doing something I guess, isn't it.
Kathy