ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
nancy burtron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:15:33 -0500
I lived in Salt Lake for 13 years and never met a mean Mormon - they are
socialized to be kind and benevolant - however they do not believe in the
same God as christians.  Additionally the mormons look to the head of the
church to interpert God's intentions for their lives and they often have
"revelations from god" that are not in line with previously held Mormon
beliefs.  In the early 70's I was in SLC when the head of the Church had a
revelation that it was "NOW alright for a person of color to hold the
priesthood"  previous to this a man of color was not allowed to be a priest
in the Mormon church.  They are wonderful as people and incredibilly skeewed
as far as their religious beliefs.  It is very difficult to witness to a
Mormon, but a few have been converted to christianity.  Do not debate them,
befriend them and let them see your light and life through your daily
witness and deportment.  nancy