ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:33:35 -0600
A wise pastor said if a shepherd doesn't have the smell of sheep on him, he
has no flock. We need more shepherds like your pastor. Interestingly
enough, and I've shared this before but it bares repeating. My pastor in
Texas talked with a shepherd from Ireland of all places, and he said that a
real shepherd has need to roam about the flock touching them on the sides
from time to time to reassure the flock they are safe and OK. I don't think
it is accidental Christ used a shepherd analogy. On a more somber note,
this shepherd also said when they had a problematic sheep that wouldn't
listen and would try to escape? They'd break a leg(s). Ouch God...
please!!! I'll stay I'll stay honest!!

Brad