ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
lion ofgod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lion ofgod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:34:20 -0500
Well, there's good news and bad news on the driving front, Vicki.  The good news
is that the good thing about old friends is that they know you inside and out.
I hinted around to my friend that I wanted to follow him home just in case the other
night and he knew me well enough to say "No, I'm driving you and I'll drive
you back here in the morning."  Since he is also my boss I couldn't say no!
Grin.

The bad news is that driving in this morning I was pulled over by a policeman who
claimed I didn't stop at a stop sign.  I certainly did, in fact,  I was behind another
car and that car stopped, so I stopped.  Then I pulled up and stopped again.  If
anything I wait too long at the stop signs ensuring nobody is coming the other way.
But I know better to argue with a cop.  Bottom line is he let me off with a warning
but I've been an emotional mess all day because it dredged up a lot of stuff from
my childhood, etc. about being blamed for things I never did.  If I had been guilty
I would have admitted so gladly, but I wasn't.  Anyway, it doesn't make me any calmer
about driving.  Smile.  But the LORD has been helping me through it.

Needless to say, continued prayers are always appreciated!

Paul who is too old for this stuff (and getting older by the minute)