ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:58:05 -0600
An Aniquity is simply put,
Something that was wrong in your parent's home or family history that has
created that tendancy for you.
Check out exidis 34.
It says that what you are doing right now in your life is affecting your
great great grandchildren.
Our lives create the force that causes our children to either be blessed or
to have to fight against our influence in order to be blessed.
An aniquity just means a bent.  Like a tree which is bent by a prevailing
wind.  Rather than growing up strait, we will grow up with a certain bend in
the way we respond to situations.
Examples, anger, substance abuse, physical abuse, imorality, domanance,
chovanism, chovanism?
Anyway, legalism, sexism, rasism.
disfunctional family systems,
Conditional acceptance, I love you more when you make strait a's than when
you make a b or a c.
I love you more if you do this instead of that.
You have to deserve to be part of this family.
The bible defines what strait is and anything that your family did that is
not according to the guidelines of the bible mistraned you.
This does not mean that you look back in your past and blame your family for
everything that has happened to you.
It means that the only way that we can keep from carrying those aniquities
into our marages is to simply say, My family was wrong.
If you have fallen into a behavior that is wrong, you recognize it, repent
and try to break the aniquity so that you do not carry it to your children
and your children's children and so on.
This is just a piece of a teaching by Jimmy Evans which I relisten to quite
often.
Thought I would share it here.
I think it is another of our responsibilities in life to try and break these
aniquities when ever we can, don't you?
Terri's family has a lot of dominant women in it and I think men who have
not tended to their households propperly and that is one of our's.  What
happens their is that if you gro up in a family of dominant women and you
are not dominant yourself they persecute you.
My family has a lot of distrust, anger, substance abuse and the list goes on
on both sides.

Take Care,

Matt