ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:55:16 -0700
Phil,
The reason The Lord told you that you were like him now, really doesn't have
much to do with material things.  It has to do with the fact that that the
Lord has planted His life in you.  You are carrying His seed in you, just as
sure as a pregnant woman carries her husband's seed in her.
You are Jesus' disciple and he has given you the power to do those things he
has called you to do.  He told his disciples before the last supper that
they would do greater works than he, because he was going to His father.
Now all that list of things you mentioned like reading your bible, praying
etc. these should just be natural things that you do as a result of having
His nature in you.
Now, a general observation.  The church has slipped so far back fromwhat the
Lord has commanded his disciples to be, that the attitude today is,
something like this: Wow! I can have all that the world has and wantes me to
have, and as the icing on the cake, I can have Jesus too, and be sure I am
going to heaven when I die.
This is twisted thinking and puts the Lord far below what He is supposed to
be in our lives.
Few preachers tell everyone the whole gospel.  They are content to keep
their popularity by saying or strongly implying that since Jesus paid it
all, I don't have to do anything but just sit back and wait for Jesus to
take me to heaven when I die.
Wrong.  We have his seed in us, and he expects us to have a close enough
relationship with him that we will do His works, not our works in His name.
He does expect fruit.
So, that, in my opinion is what it should mean to  be like him now.
Vinny