ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:41:44 -0600
Pat,

Romans 8:28 is  one of my fav scriptures. You know though as I read this
the word "propitiation" with its meaning of substitute and responsibility
hit me like a ton of bricks as I visualized something that to me
seems  horrible to me. As your post said that Jesus was the substitute
taking our responsibility for our sins, and I know, well, at least I think
I know this wouldn't happen, but it sure puts things in perspective if you
think on it. Imagine we as sinners are doomed to death, eternity without
God. But in come Christ who takes our place. We think of that as very
noble, very sacrificial and all and yet we picture Christ seated at the
right hand of the Father and etc. And this has no Biblical merit that I'm
aware of but by rights without grace I suppose it would be in order.
Imagine if when we die, stand before God, you know at the rapture, and
God  reaches over to His right and tosses Jesus  to eternal separation.
Imagine after all he did for us and it was our sin that  he took final
responsibility for that did that? Granted that isn't going to happen, but
that I believe is what happened when he died for us. I don't think we will
know the full significance of the sacrifice until we meet up with God in
the end.

Brad

at

Brad