ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Gilland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:30:53 -0400
uh:

This? may or may not strike you all dead cold for me to not know how to
do...  and pat, I swannie I've been working on the uh...  n'n'nevver mind
that word:  I've been working on this blankidy blanking blank thing for the
past hr!  OK, please:  i only would like those who either A... are visually
impaired, or B:  have tought someone visually impaired to reply to this...
I have my reasons.

i know it's getting kind a late, but it would really be helpful, if A...
Someone on here could call me, or vice versa.

i am trying to plug my nls recorder in as i have a book I'm dying to hear,
yet, no matter how hard I try, i can't get the prongs lined up...  it's
rediculous!  I've never! had this much trouble...  I'm scared 1, I'm gonna
fry myself if I don't watch it, and 2.  i'm a bit scared if I dont' stop,
I'm gonna scrape all the paint off the all...  and that'll be a real mess...

i'm determined though that i'm not! waiting until tomorrow to have someone
help me who can see...  I am gonna! get this, even if it means killing
myself in the process.  Call me stubborn, but that's just me...

i say I need this to be someone that either can't see, or has worked one on
one with someone who can't on this specific task, because it's one thing for
someone sighted to sit here and tell me:  OK take your hand ever so lightly
and carefully and trail around the outlet until you feel the holes...  now
grab the cord, and line it up and push...  i can't do that...  Most times,
yes, but that would be dangerous in this case as you leave your hands there,
well... you know what'll happen...  I also don't know if I need to flip the
cord over on the other side...  Like maybe I'm plugging it in upside down...

Anyway, if ya wanna call me, I'm the only one  who'll hear it, so don't
worry...

972-535-4084

I must admit, maybe I am being a bit skittish, but knowing my low tollerence
of pain as I do, i'm not about to shock myself...

At least, not if I can help it.

I had one person suggest, just push, and keep pushing as I move the cord
around.  That way, when it does hit the holes, it'll naturally just go right
in, but then another sighted friend debated that by saying:  n'n'nah?  You
r'r'reely don't wan'n'na do that, as if you did, you may get it crooked
which could result in a shock.

There's gotta! be a way...  I mean come on!  How many blind people sit back
and say, o, I can't see, thus, I won't try plugging this in...  OK then...

i'm the type who will not! let my blindness cripple me in any respect.
That's just bluntly point blank.

Gee, Phil, maybe I'll do what you do:  God?  You know where these holes are:
even though I don't...  please let it go in properly...  LOL!

Who knows:  might woik.

Rauight.

Anyway...

please help me, any of yall.