ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:09:18 -0600
Reading today's Proverbs I found two scriptures that stood out to me. One
being  a bit more insight to my pondering regarding whether we, as humans,
a creation of God, are left to choice in how we might take our little walk
here on Earth, as it compares to God's control of this world. We always
here the phrase "God Is In Control" in fact a contemporary Christian song
which we've probably sung along with is named such, yet we find ourselves
at times in predicaments that leave us with open mouths wondering "What
happened to God here, I thought he was in control?",  fostering  a question
if we are predestined little robots programmed with a frequency matching
God's remote control.  Granted this scripture does not account for all
things we endure, but it answers in part, my question as to what part we
play in our little stroll here.

"A prudent man sees evil and hides himself,
The naive proceed and pay the penalty." -- Proverbs 27:12

Also Chris had a question a while back which dealt with love of God. I find
this scripture to be very appropriate for the question as it certainly
shows love to be more than we might perceive it in our own lives and
interpretation, that being conditional and socially correct,  and revealing
that love takes on a couple different  hues besides sunny and bright as we
might like. This also, I believe accounts for at least some of the more
recent activity on the list.

"Better is open rebuke Than love that is concealed." -- Proverbs 27:5

Blessings,

Brad