ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2011 09:12:19 -0500
Absolutely spot on John. I was at a music event
at a coffeehouse Saturday night and though it
wasn't a focal point of much, what was said was
very much in jest about rapture and etc. While it
does get folks talking, I tend to think it
de-sensitizes the severity and realism of the end
times to come not to mention the truth of God's
word and what it is to be a believer. . One
almost does not want to call themselves a
"Christian" anymore, not because of shame, but
because of being wrongly pegged as  a fraud.
These sort of prophetic calculations are akin to
reading the letter of the law and not the intent
of the law. That is we are to stand at the watch
towers with hand shading the brow looking on the
horizon for the signs of the times, not being
bent over  our desk in front of a  calculator.

Brad

On 5/21/2011  07:26 PM john schwery said...
>David Cloud pointed out that this prophecy will
>give unbelievers another reason to doubt the
>bible because they can't tell the difference between false and true prophets.
>
>earlier, Vicki, wrote:
>>Amen Stan.  Even those very first centruty
>>Christians were eagerly awaiting Jesus's return.

Brad Dunse

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will
take you everywhere. --Albert Einstein

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse