ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2015 21:03:08 -0600
Donna,

Sandy and I have the I6 iPhones and really enjoy them.  Sandy got a Mac Air
about a year ago.  I kept thinking I was going to have to renew my license
for jaws again and was dreading it.  Also, my computer for windows is about
12 or 13 years old and having lots of problems from time to time.  I learned
a mac can be formatted to be windows and mac and can be changed from one to
the other on the fly through hot keys.  I have a couple of ham radio
programs that won't work on a mac so I am going to format the macmini into
both.  I also got the trackpad which turns the computer almost into the
iPhone but it allows you to use it like it were a touch screen or the touch
screen on your iPhone.  Do I like the mac?  No, I hate it because this old
man is having to learn everything all over again.  I love the Alex voice in
the mac, the same one in the i6 iPhones, because of my loss of hearing over
this passed year.  Anyhow, the more I learn, the more I like the macmini.
My i6 and macmini automatically sync and whatever I can do on the phone, I
can do on the macmini.  I got the 1 terabyte machine since I'm basically
going to end up with two computers in one, but even 500 gigs is more than
I'll ever use.  Sandy experience with her mac air has been so positive,
paying all our bills and buying Wal-Mart groceries and having them delivered
and ordering other things online with the mac, pushed me to make the
decision to go ahead and by the macmini.  It's about the size of a cigar
box.  The trackpad also allows a blind user to work as well as a sighted
person using a mouse.  I haven't gotten to it yet but the macs have a voice
recognition program I'm trusting will work as well as dragon dictate to help
me with writing through dictation.  National Braille Press has a great
reference book a lady wrote so between that and the mac voice over mailing
list and Sandy's knowledge, it was now or never, at my age, haha.

Phil.