ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:38:42 -0500
Angel,

You are welcome for the explanation. Yes we are referred to as saints.
However there is a big difference in  asking for prayer by saints, than
praying "to" saints. I pray to my God only, not a godly person. Who else
has the power to do anything about our issues but God? If it were saints
that had the power I'd then ask  Pat to heal my eyes, Julie to provide
heavenly assistence with my music, and perhaps yourself for spiritual
wisdom, knowledge and understanding.  This is Christianity, not
scientology or any other new age religion in where people themselves are
gods. I can ask for encouragement, yes, help, yes, to come over and laugh,
cry, drink coffee while we talk over life issues, , fix my roof, or
whatever humanly possible, and even pray "for" me, not "to" me,  to
petition god's will and my peace on my life, but praying quote "to",
unquote people or saints? That is not Christianity. I've not seen anywhere
in the Bible, the inherent and sole testament of God, where it mentions
praying to a saint. This is neither Prodostant or Catholic list, as I said
before, we agree where we agree and agree to disagree where there are
doctrinal differences. Making comparisons in a seemingly negative manner
regarding non-Catholic statements doesn't help the question of sainthood,
but distracts the issue at hand.

Brad