ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:46:07 -0700
This Christmas, while shopping for the best deal on the perfect gift, please rate and report on the "Christmas Friendly" stores! See below. -- Tom

Sharon,

62165/e7e984f810454ef99d8843c8993a1f3c

I'm always amazed how quickly retailers get ready for the Christmas season. Go anywhere, and you'll readily see "holiday" decorations and shelves full of
gifts. But there is one thing you may not see in some stores. the word "Christmas."

According to a 2008 MSNBC.com survey, 76 percent of Americans think retailers should include "Christmas" in their mention of the holiday. That's tens of
millions of consumers who will spend billions of dollars this Christmas. So why do some companies have such a difficult time saying "Christmas"? It's part
of the misguided politically correct notion that we must remove the name of Christ from the public square.

A Christmas campaign with a twist!

Sharon, in recent years, our staff has evaluated the advertising of major retailers and assigned ratings based on their level of "Christmas-friendliness."
We then published those ratings in an annual shopping guide. The response from consumers -- and media outlets -- has been remarkable.

This year, we're asking you - and shoppers across the nation - to be the observers and reporters on this issue!

Through our
StandForChristmas.com
site, you can provide feedback directly about whether or not select retailers are respecting Christmas. Our interactive system compiles shoppers' ratings
of retailers, posts consumer comments and sends your message automatically to the retailer's inbox.

This is your opportunity to rate your shopping experiences and share them with others-including the retailers! YOU decide which retailers are "Christmas
Friendly!"
Go here to post your ratings and to see our latest customer-generated rankings for retailers.

'Tis the season to expose folly!

In our country which was founded with the ideal of providing religious liberty, we can encourage genuine mutual respect amid diversity without denying the
prominent place Christmas holds both here and worldwide. Our commonsense appeal is not to encourage retailers to be exclusive but to be more inclusive
by notably featuring the word Christmas.

I am very excited about this new Focus on the Family Action effort.
StandForChristmas.com
puts you in the driver's seat! And I believe retailers will take note of how consumers are rating their Christmas shopping experiences.

Christmas is not only a memorable family time, it is the season in which we celebrate God's greatest gift to man. Christ is the centerpiece of our holiday
season. Help us encourage the many retailers who are doing it well and urge those who censor the word "Christmas" to change their approach!

For faith and family,

Tom Minnery
Senior Vice President, Government & Public Policy

P.S. I hope I can count on you to participate in this unusual opportunity to rate your shopping experiences at
StandForChristmas.com.
Tell us which stores exemplify the Christmas spirit this season.

Forward this to a Friend

Focus on the Family ActionT received your e-mail address when you signed a petition at
FocusPetitions.org.
 We sincerely apologize if someone else has submitted your address without your permission.

© 2009, Focus on the Family ActionT, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Focus on the Family Action
Colorado Springs, CO 80995
1-866-655-4545

Founded in 2004, Focus on the Family Action is an action organization dedicated to the preservation of the moral and cultural values upon which our nation
was founded. Contributions or gifts to Focus on the Family Action are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.

Click here
to be removed from this list or send a written request to:
FocusAction.org
PO 277
Maxwell,IA 50161

You are signed up as: [log in to unmask]
Click here to change your email address.

Sharon
SkypeName:
sharon.hooley43