ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:29:23 -0400
I don't understand.  I knew a young couple and I am sure there are many
others as well who, one of whom, was married previously to a non catholic,
and who availed themselves of the Pauline privilege.  This Pauline privilege
required the couple to live and abstain from sexual contact till the former
marriage could be properly annulled.  The couple really wanted to be married
properly in the Catholic church so they did abstain for 6 months till they
could have a proper marriage.  I know you aren't Catholics but I don't
understand if your faith is strong and if you want to do the rite thing by
yourselves and God why you can't just abstain.  I think many times we sell
ourselves short when thinking of our capabilities and strength  God helps us
in accomplishing all things..