ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:20:04 -0600
On The Road Or Where?

By Phil Scovell

     Brother James, my former pastor, who now lives and ministers
in Texas, told me the following story.

     He said that he was selling insurance in a large regional
area of his home state, Texas, so he was gone a lot due to having
to drive from one city to the next.  I cannot recall the two towns
he mentioned but they were about 150 miles apart, he said, and he
was tied up and left late.  In fact, he said there was absolutely
no way on earth he was going to make it in time for this meeting
unless he drove 150 miles per hour.  The trip normally took him
three hours, he told me, but he had about an hour to make it since
he had gotten tied up with other business.  It was simply
impossible but he left for the meeting any way.

     Brother James told me that he can remember only about one
hour of the trip because when he arrive at the meeting on time,
only an hour had passed.  He said that he could recall the first
30 minutes or so and the last 30 minutes of the trip but what
happened in between, Brother James said he has no idea.  He knows
it was impossible to make it on time and he knows that somehow two
hours were made up, but he said he did not speed and made certain
he drove the speed limit the whole distance.  So, you tell me
where those two hours are?  Coincidence?  Sure, and as my mother
in law used to say, a chicken has lips, too.  Could I ask you one
question?  When are you going to start believing God?

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com