ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:19:41 -0600
The Black Cloud

By Phil Scovell

It was Christmas.  My son was about 9 years old.  He was sitting
on the couch.  He said, "Dad, I think I have something wrong with
one of my eyes."

     "Why is that?" I asked; calmly.

     "Well," he said, "I am looking at the Christmas tree lights.
When I cover up one eye and just look with the one eye, everything
looks normal.  When I switch and look with the other eye open and
the other one covered, things look blurry."

     This got my attention and my wife and I became concerned
about his vision.  My retinal problems came from my father and
his side of the family.  We always wondered, in the back of our
mind, if any of our children would have any problems with their
eyes.  So far, they hadn't.  Now, we wondered.

     We had changed churches because the Lord had led us into the
baptism of the Holy Spirit.  If we would have stayed in the
independent Baptist church we were already in, we eventually would
have been found out and asked to leave or denounce where the Lord
had led us spiritually.  Denouncing the Holy Spirit, His power and
ministry, isn't something I think I could ever do for any reason.
Thus, it was, we began attending a church that the Lord had shown
me in a prophetic dream a year earlier.  the Lord had literally
showed me, not only what part of town the church would be in, but
He literally revealed the name of the church to me in the dream.

     calling my pastor, I explained what my son had said and
requested that the following Sunday, he be anointed with oil and
prayed over by the pastor and others in the church.  That next
Sunday, we did exactly that.  I was one of those laying hands on
my son.  This would not have been the first time my son was
miraculously healed.

     Later, after we were home and church was over, my son told me
something.  He described what happened to him as we all prayed,
after anointing him with oil, and laying hands on him.  He said
as we prayed, he was looking down the isle of the church.  He saw
a small black cloud appear in front of him and a few feet away.
It was about two or three feet off the floor.  It was in the isle
between the rows of pews.  As we all prayed, he reported the cloud
appearing as if it were a cloud of black smoke, began moving away
from everyone down the isle.  I asked him what happened to it and
he said, it eventually went out the door; never to return.  By the
way, he also reported that covering his good eye made no
difference in how the other eye, which had been bleary, before,
now saw things normally.  In other words, it was just as clear as
his other eye.  He is now almost 30 years of age and his eyes are
fine.

     I feel sorry for those of our Christian brothers and sisters
who no longer believe miracles happen today because that died out
with the last apostle, whoever he was.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com