ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:19:42 -0600
Hi,
We both have shunts here.
My wife's has stopped up before so it seems to be common.
The last time was when she was around 18 or 19 I think and she is now in her
early 30's.
I think the last time before the 18 or 19 year time had been 9 years
previous.
Mine has never stopped up to my knowledge but I also think it is no longer
functioning.
The blockage I had which necessitate the use of a shunt to drain fluid is
gone so I think I drain naturally now.
I had a problem with rejection when the shunt was very new but all they had
to do was to remove the tube from my stomach and drain it into my pulmonary
vein in my neck instead.

Matt