ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:35:17 -0600
Ah, my messages are thought provoking.
That's what I like to think and hear from others.
Thanks for that.
My humor is undergoing change it seems.
I used to be very quick to respond with a joke and I liked getting jokes in
email and I was well liked by some/many?
Since having the baby, moving and starting down the path of christianity and
what is proper for my marriage, parenting of my child and life in general I
have gotten serious and it is hard to be funny anymore.
I am hoping that this is a growing pain and that I will learn how to balance
being responsible, moral, thoughtful of others and all that with humor
again.
I mean, I am not a zombie or a Boris Carloft or whoever that guy was who did
the mummy movies or anything like that I am just slow on the uptake these
days.
I comfort myself with that scripture from proverbs which says be quick to
think and slow to answer but it's not great for social skills.
People think that if you don't answer quickly, either you are slow,
disapproving or unfriendly I think.
I will either answer slow or will respond with "Oh!  there's a scripture
about that and will reach in my pocket and start looking for it to share.
That comes off odd to people too I guess.
I have been running to middle aged guys who are having to start eating more
healthy and the other day I did this.
I referred to a scripture and not everyone carries a bible around with them.
I think it is Matthew 15:11 where Jesus is saying something like "It's not
what enters the mouth which defiles a man but what proceeds out of it?
Anyway, I told our associate pastor that the other day as a comfort to him
as he was cheating on his diet.
Jesus was actually talking about our speech and I was just kidding.
Anyway,

Take Care,
Matt

A good marriage is made by two totally different people who, holding hands,
walk into the valley of hardship, they never seporate they walk out
together.