ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 19:36:16 -0700
Oh Rhonda, guess my joy at Ben being back was premature, huh?  I can't
believe an employer would jump on someone just returning to work and tell
them they should have called every day.  When I try to imagine that
happening in my office, it's unbelievable.  People are always very
concerned when someone's been out ill, and very happy to have them
back.  Any accomodations can be worked out later.  The person comes first.

Peggy

At 06:31 PM 10/1/2004, you wrote:
>I was surprised to learn that  Ben's boss was angry with Ben! he said that
>Ben should have been in contact with his department everyday checking to see
>what was happening! when Ben tried to explain that for around amonth he was
>in the hospital, the man didn't want "any excuses" and he says if Ben is to
>work there he will have to wear those steel-toed shoes! his doctor wrote a
>note saying that it would be best if he didn't wear that type of shoe.  I
>guess they don't think much of the note!
>whatever happened to people being concerned?  Saying things like: glad to
>have you back, hope you are feeling better and so on, and so on!
>a strange world we live in!
>Rhonda

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac