ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:30:28 -0600
Mat,

Re-reading the scripture you mentioned. After looking up the phrase of
Leah's being delicate eyed, while it could textually well mean she was
afflicted somehow, I believe it to mean she was tender hearted, not perhaps
as beautiful as Rachel in the exterior as noted, but more of a tender
hearted, thoughtful person. Someone who might be very giving, very
trustworthy. Since you are a man of facts, below are the definitions of the
words delicate eyed, or as the translation version says, "tender eyed".

OT:7390 rak (rak); from OT:7401; tender (literally or figuratively); by
implication, weak:

KJV - faint ([-hearted], soft, tender ([-hearted], one), weak.

OT:5869 `ayin (ah'-yin); probably a primitive word; an eye (literally or
figuratively); by analogy, a fountain (as the eye of the landscape):

KJV - affliction, outward appearance, + before, + think best, colour,
conceit, + be content, countenance, + displease, eye ([-brow], [-d],
-sight), face, + favour, fountain, furrow [from the margin], X him, +
humble, knowledge, look, (+well), X me, open (-ly), + (not) please,
presence, + regard, resemblance, sight, X thee, X them, + think, X us,
well, X you (-rselves).

The reason I think she was tender hearted and not afflicted, is because of
the immediate opposition or comparison to Rachel being beautiful, or as the
translation version puts it, "well favored", which means what you might
think, a looker lol. I suppose one might read more about Leah for more
insight and see if perhaps to see if she was involved with the ECCBF That
is "The Early Church Council of Federationist of the Blind" lol. But I
think she was just a beautiful person inside.

Brad