ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:47:13 -0500
Hi Guys,
Well, I thought that I’d just give a little update on how things are
going for us in this neck of the woods. We met with Eric, Chris’s
counselor, this morning. We were able to share with him a lot of
behavioral concerns that he isn’t able to see very readily because Chris
only displays them at home. It was good to talk things through. We’ve
called the doctor and we are going to put Chris back on the Conserta.
It’s not an answer, but if it can help Chris pay better attention in
school and control himself better at home, it is at least a help for now
while we continue searching and exploring all our options.
Another big area of concern for us right now has to do with our church.
We, our church, just isn’t able to keep the bills paid. The biggest bill
is pension and medical insurance for us. With out that, our family would
really be cut a drift. We want to stay. We’ve worked hard with this
congregation and we’ve come a long way. We’re hoping to finally get our
house started in April, if all goes well. Our church couldn’t pay our
insurance last fall so our denomination stepped in and paid the churches
bills for two quarters, but that grace has run out and the money stil
isn’t there. Part of the problem is the cost of heating fuel and the high
electric rates here in Maine, but of course, part of it too is people not
contributing enough for the church to stay a float. It’s hard to have the
churches finances and ours so tightly wrapped up. It adds to the stress,
on top of the extra expense of what we are going through with Chris and
the fact that our taxes will quintuple if we get our house.
Please just pray for our family, our church and for Chris especially. I
think about getting ajob outside the home, but I have no idea what I{‘m
good at any more. Maybe I’m just sensitive to the fact that it’s raining
outside and I want the spring to come. Anyway, thanks for letting me
dribble on your parade.
God bless,
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!