ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:36:10 -0400
I've had one hectic weekend. No one's touching my computer ever
again. You don't come in here and download crap to my computer after
I tell you not to, and then lie to me when I ask you if you've done
it. That's exactly what my cousin's son did. I ran a check after they
left, to make sure. I had to peruse through the programs menu until I
found two things I never installed. One was a game that I didn't
download, which I deleted right then and there. The other object was
that dumb old Norton Security Scan, which isn't free at all, by the
way, and which isn't at all accessible with screen readers. I had to
go to the Windows control pannel before I could uninstall it
properly. Nope, I don't need any Norton products on my computer. No
way, Jose. It's kind of a good thing someone can't access your
Netbyphone account and download things to it that can cause system
crashes. Heck, they're not getting back on my computer again. Never!
Also, please do pray for me. I may have to end up calling DHR or
Social Services, in order to find a better home.

I don't care what kind of a witch they think I am. This is my
computer, issued by the state, and I'm not going to let someone keep
me from using it. I'm already being discriminated against, because I
have to use a screen reader. It's not my fault I had to go into the
incubator at four months of age. I had no say, and the doctors were
using their best judgment. If I didn't have to use Jaws, John
wouldn't mind if I used the computer while he was watching TV. John's
a man who currently lives with my aunt and me. I've lived here longer
than he has. I'm about ready to pull up stakes and leave. Of course,
I don't know where I'd go, being totally blind. I've already tried
the state's independent living programs, but it hasn't done any good.
I know Jaws, my screen reader, can interfere with the TV, but is it
my fault that I have to use a screen reader with a built-in voice
synthesizer? As a blind person, I need talking products that I can
use. I'm not going to apologize for it. God obviously had a purpose
for my being blind. I'm used to it, and I no longer pray for the
return of my eyesight, although I believe in God's power to heal. If
I never receive it during my earthly life, I'll get it back, when
Jesus comes. He'll come, whenever it's time, but until then, I can
wait, as far as receiving my eyesight is concerned. Sure, I can't
wait till He comes, and I'm longing for His return more and more, but
until then, I'm going to use my computer and Jaws, and I don't need
someone telling me I can't. How would you feel if you were totally
blind and someone living with you were like that? I know you'd pray
for him/her, but you'd probably tell him/her what for, if you know
what I mean. It's not that easy for me. There are currently three
sighted people in this house, against one blind person. I'm
outnumbered, although Jesus is with me, and I'm sure He's on both of
our sides, but I really don't know what to do now. Please pray that I
don't end up telling him where to go. Also, please pray that God
convicts him. Also, please pray that God will lead me, either to a
better home, or that He'll intervene in this situation. Also, please
pray that I'll get the courage to report this to DHR, or Social
Services. Until He comes, this computer's like my link to the outside world.