ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:09:29 -0400
Hey Guys,
	No biggy here, except for our car.  We knew that the transmission
needed replacing.   Now, before you think that you are reading an old
post, let me just explain that this is our latest car, not the old
one that Matt totaled or the one that had its transmission replaced
three times and was finally working right before the engine died and
needed to be junked.  Anyway, we were planning on having the
transmission replaced next week while we are on vacation in New
Hampshire, but, while Greg was delivering mail this past Wednesday,
our car just died.  Sadly, no one seems to know why yet.  We're
hoping that it is something simple, like the electrical system, but,
as of yet, it appears to be a mystery.  How we will pay for this is a
mystery too.  We are still paying off the other transmission on the
dead car, kind of like paying for a dead horse, and we've had to rent
a car to go to New Hampshire.  Oh well, it's just money, right.  I
think that God may have to sell two cows for this one.  Oh well, it's
under His control, if not mine.  I really like the saying that Rhonda
sent a while back by Luther, "Pray, and let God do the worrying."  He
can have it.
	Hopefully, Liz will be flying home tomorrow.  We are supposed to
pick her up at the airport on our way to New Hampshire.  Oh, please
pray that things go much more smoothly than they did for getting her
to Florida in the first place.  She called on Tuesday and admitted to
being a little home sick, but we haven't heard from her since.  Her
recital was yesterday and today she is playing a duet with another
girl and singing in a chorus at a concert that the college is putting
on.  I do wish that we could have been there, but at least we can
hear her pieces when she get's back home.  I believe that the piece
that she played yesterday for the recital was a sonnetina and if so,
I've heard her play that before and she does it well.  She hadn't
memorized it though when she played it before so I'm wondering if
having to memorize it will increase the speed some.  It should.
	No news on the boys.  Last Sunday, Greg saw Chris riding a bike in
Bangor and when Chris saw Greg, he scowled.    I suppose that he's
still mad that we didn't bail him out.  Since his bike was stolen,
I'm wondering whose bike he was using, but, oh well.
	We've decided to let Matt call us, since I don't think that he
appreciated us calling him.  I think that he really wants space.  No
job yet, though, as far as we know.
	Well guys, I've bored you enough for now.    If you could please
keep the car situation and my daughter in your prayers, I'd
appreciate it.  Rhonda, I'm praying for clear skies down your way for
tomorrow.  Please!
Kathy