ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:39:24 -0400
Sounds fun phil, I love it.

         We've tried opening up the service a lot more.  I've told
you about the services that we have that we called, "spirit led," not
because other services aren't, but because we can't think of a better
title.  The people share then how God is working in their lives or a
scripture that God has laid on their hearts.  They even pick out all
the music, so that is fun.  Unfortunately, in a larger group though,
you do sort of have to keep an eye on things.  We have people who are
very spiritually immature, if they are christian at all, and they try
to treat this type of service as if it were open mike night down at
Joe's bar and grill.  Oh yes, we've had a few attempts at
questionable jokes, which, to be truthful, I wouldn't have found very
funny even if they had been told at Joe's, so there you go.
         I know, we all need to remain humble and keep a spirit of
repentance, but most of our people won't bow to do that.    I don't
mean that they have to do it publicly.  Let's just say that there are
things that we know that are going on that  individuals aren't
willing to give up.  It's so sad really.
         Anyway, I do like the idea of house worship.  I think that
that was God's original idea, but I do still enjoy praising God in a
large group setting.  I just can't seem to fit a pipe organ into my
living room.  Actually, we don't evedn have one at our church, but
they do sound awesome, you have to admit!
Kathy