ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:30:18 -0400
Phil,
I do understand, somewhat.  I suppose parents just tend to be over
protective of their handicapped child and it is very hard to let
go.  What is hard to get them to understand is how much they are
actually disrespecting him, by acting this way.

When I used to teach the mentally impaired, I just used to go nuts
with the parents because they were so over protective.  Needless to
say, I don't think that many parents liked me much before I was
through there.  I just saw the kids being stifled and I hated it
because they weren't being allowed to realize their potential.
God bless,
Kathy