ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:19:20 -0400
You know Brad, I suppose that you're right when you say that we've
stuck our noses in a centuries old war, but the humanitarian, and
Christian in me is glad that we did it just for the sake of stopping
all of the horrible torture that was going on over there.  You really
can see the difference that adhering  to godly principles can be when
you respect all life rather than think nothing of chopping off the
head of someone who disagrees  with you.  I'm also concerned that, if
we don't stay there, that barbarism  will end up coming here, and
then what do we do.  We've stirred up a hornets' nest, that's for
sure and now, in my opinion, there's nothing left to do but stay
there and smoke the whole mess out so that they don't come after you
and sting you a good one for your trouble.  I'm not ssaying that I
like that solution, but I can't see how any other one will do.  Our
politicians say that we should trust the political process and find
political solutions.  Yah, right, like they've gotten anything done
politically lately.  That, to me, is like handing over the
responsibility of who will take the garbage out to some odd ball
committee so that everyone can claim that something was done about
it, but no one really needs to do anything about it.  If the smell of
the garbage takes over the room, hey, just blame somebody else, or
the committee, but don't really solve the problem.  What a sorry bunch.
Kathy
Kathy