CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 09:32:42 -0400
Chomsky Members:

        * * * This is real and not a joke/hoax. * * *

Please be aware of another virus which is a strain of the I Love You
Virus of a few weeks ago.

This virus is another VBScript Worm and is hard to detect because it
renames itself at random each time it is sent as an e-mail attachment.

It appears that the subject line may appear as below

Subject: fwd: Joke

Again, this VBScript Worm renames itself at random each time it is sent as
an e-mail attachment.

I have personally seen two (2) versions this morning (5/19/00 8:40:23 AM)
sent to several discussion list.

Please do not send files or attachments to our list.

Be especially carefull of e-mail attachments and as always if you are
not sure of the nature of the attached file do not open it.

Be careful, it is dangerous in here.

F. Leon Wilson
CHOMSKY List Owner