From:
Russ Paden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:44:02 -0700

It's true that the allergy bar on processed foods would be a great thing,
and I think it's something we should work toward. But even if that's our
ultimate goal, we shouldn't neglect things that can help us *right now*.
The central web site is something that could be started tomorrow, if
someone were to take initiative and start it, and it could be added to
daily and be a really big help to a lot of people.

Who knows, the very existence of such a site might be a tool to use to
persuade the FDA of the necessity of an allergy bar on all processed foods!

It's good to encourage manufacturers to put such information on their own
web sites, but many do not have web sites. And we should encourage
manufacturers to put allergy bars on their foods even without the FDA's
requirement, but that will take a lot of time on our part and money on the
mfr's part, so it's not going to happen tomorrow. Let's have a central site
we can check and add to *now*, while we work on getting food labeled
properly in stores!

Carma in Phoenix