From:
romrider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 01:57:14 -0700

My understanding of Oats being gluten free is true only if they are pure oats
and never processed in equiptment that also handles grain... The problem with
Oats (and I speak knowing a Canadian farmer) is that "NONE" of the equiptment
used can be guaranteed never to have been used to collect Grain, even if from a
previous year.  There is also the hoppers and trains etc that carry the grain
to the elevators.  So you see, unless you grow the oats yourself and harvest
them yourself you can never be sure that there isn't a grain of wheat tucked in
there somewhere...

I would love to eat oats, but am terrified of this cross contamination...

Please direct all nasty feedback to /dev/null
Thank you!