From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 07:44:57 -0600

Another snippet of info from Kinnikinnick Store.  I have been bugging Ted
for about a year because of the lack of GF "rice krispies" in our area.  I
have a 4 year old that I have not found a good cookie for, he hasn't much
liked the ones I have made.  But he does like the rice krispie squares when
I get GF rice krispies.  Below is the post Ted sent to me and hopefully it
will be of use to some of you.  I am really interested in the birthday cake
idea and will be talking to Ted about it, it comes at a great time cause if
I join the "Kinnikinnick Club" my celiac sons birthdays and mine are both in
June.  We have been surviving on GF angel food cakes or Dairy Queen cakes
(no fudge or cookie crumble) for the last 2 years.

Happy Shopping.

P.S.  I am SO lucky to have this store fairly handy.

Hi Karen,

This is Ted from Kinnikinnick foods Inc. Just informing you that we will
have our own brand of glutenfree rice crispies as of end of may 1996.These
are the only glutenfree rice crispies currently on the matket. They are
great for just a cereal or in all recipes usually calling for rice
crispies. They are exactly the same in texture and appearence like regular
rice crispies(Kellogs for examlpe),but do not contain any malt flavours.
These will be the first commercial type cereal in a long line of cereals
that kinnikinnick foods will offer.
The ingredients of the cereal are:
Whole kernel milled rice, sugar and salt. They stay nice and crisp in the
milk and we are very exited about this start.They are exclusively available
through kinnikinnick foods inc.,but as you know we ship any where in the
world.

The name of the cereal is: Gudrun's # 1 Crispy Rice

Also i like to let you know that as the first of June 1996 we launched our
international kinnikinnick club.Anybody joining our club willbenefit from
enourmous savings,free newsletters with updated information,recipes ,trips
etc.Benefits are:
- 10 %  discount everytime you purchase kinnikinnick food products(sales
excluded)
-free barbeques
-one free birthday cake every year(free shipping included)
-monthly specials
-subsidized shipping directly to your door
-kinnikinnick kitchen video(in production)
-coloured brochures and catalogue
- preorganized travel trips (Cruises ,camps,skiingtrips with 100%
glutenfree foods supplied),worry free traveling
- bulk buying options

For more info you can phone Ted at (403) 433 4023 or e mail him at

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada