From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 08:31:41 -0600

Below are the clips from responses.  Interesting reading.

Also saw the Neuro yesterday, taking the cancellation route really sped up
getting an appt, also being handy got me in too.  Anyway he is scheduling an
MRI for me but says that people with my symptoms usually show nothing and
that generally the symptoms disappear.  Sure hope so, but if they have hung
on for 3 mths don't know if they will disappear.
---
I'm wondering do you have many fillings
in your teeth?  Might want to explore.
Dentistry without Mercury
by Sam Ziff and Michael F. Ziff, D.D.S.  ISBN 0-941011-04-6
Very interesting reading...
---
 I just wanted to mention the vitamins I take and it really make a
difference in how I feel. I had been GF about 3 years when some people on
the list mentioned the vitamins they take. I was still feeling run down at
the time.
    You may take some vitamins already, everybody has to do what makes them
feel good.
     I take Nature's Life "special B-complex 50MG. with 800mcg. folic acid.
      and KAL   Cal-Mag-Zinc high potency
    and one Alfalfa tablet 650 mg.

   I take this once a day usually with breakfast.

    I BELIEVE THE FOLIC ACID WAS THE REAL BOOOSSSTTTER  I noticed a big
difference when I started taking it.
   I also take  3 or 4 cans of ensure per week. I believe it really helps.

    I do feel good and run whenever I have time.
---
My sister-in-law
has MS and I have been looking for all the information I can get on the subject.
Don Wiss, in his Website, has listed, under Commercial Sites: Food related
diseases. This is a great book mostly by Stephen Gialason, MD about how
allergy to food causes most of our disorders. I downloaded the entire book
and I highly recommend it! It is sold in health food stores as The Core
Program ($35.00 Canadian). The Core Program is merely elimination of
offending foods with the help of a can of ENFood.
Sometimes I get your symptoms but I attribute this to accidental gluten
ingestion.
I am discovering that many of the foods listed in the Canadian Celiac Assoc.
book are not gluten free so I go by US standards and am very strict with my
diet and that of my children.
I am hoping that you merely have ingested gluten accidently too.
Please send me any replies you get; I was going to post this MS/CD question
too on behalf of my sister-in-law. I found another website by someone who
cured himself of MS on a gluten free diet and I will send this to you when I
remember what his address is.

PS: LLoyd Rosenvold's book: Can a Gluten free diet Help? lists MS as
cureable on a gluten free diet and Hilda Cherry Hills cured her wheelchair
bound husband on a gluten free diet-Good Food Gluten Free.
I bought these two books at the health food store.
---
The following was clipped from another post and not all of it because it is
very lengthy but you may be able to find it.  It deals with the antibody
levels and neurological problems

The following abstract came up on a medline search on celiac disease and
mutiple sclerosis:-

TITLE
Does cryptic gluten sensitivity play a part in neurological illness?

Lancet Vol. 347 no. 8998 pp. 369-71

Medline
---
Are you sensitive to any other grains?  I am very sensitive to corn besides
gluten - you might try an elimination diet.  I have heard that people who
have food allergies and MS seem to get better when they eliminate the allergen
that aggravates it.
---
I am gluten intolerant and have MCS, or rather in my case porphyria, which
is MCS that can be proved by medical tests.  My cousins (2) both have
fybromyalgia.  One of them is also wheat intolerant.  Yes, I do believe
there is a connection here.  Most people in my MCS support group are also
wheat or gluten sensitive.
---
Might want to look at hormones.  I know you're young, but I started having
problems about your age and resulted in 2 surgeries and a hystorectomy
because no one looked...

Hope this also helps anyone else with questions related to this subject.
Will keep everyone posted of results and health.  Thanx again for your
continued support.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada