From:
Ellen Eagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:19:51 -0800

        A few winters ago I had a cough due to post nasal drip that didn't
respond to antibiotics.  It got so bad that I had a hard time getting my
breath when I started coughing.  Finally I had a CBC (complete blood count)
done and my eosinophil count was elevated.  So they said I had an allergy and
prescribed antihistamines and an inhaler.  It did the trick.  The funny part
is that I was less bothered by it the following winter and every winter since
then.  Since I was never allergy tested, I have no idea what the allergy was
due to or even if it really was an allergy.
        But the bottom line is that it seemed to have nothing to do with having
celiac sprue.
        Ellen Eagan
        SF,CA