From:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:14:47 -0400

Hello-

I am still having troubles with my 3 year old son.  He was diagnosed
(endoscopy) with celiac disease when he was 18 months.  He was fine for one
year after goign on the diet and the last 6 months we have had problems.  We
just did another endoscopy and are still awaiting a biopsy test and results
from an acid reflux test..

But I wanted to ask if any of you have had similiar symptoms or what the
cause was?

1.  SWEATS  easily during light exercise
He seems to be sweating A LOT more and gets very red in the face after
running around outside.  He did not do that last summer.

2.  A brown patch/ spot has appeared on his arm/ underarm area

3.  TUMMY PAIN- this is a big one and has been on an off

3.  PALE

4.  slightly anemic and slightly low hemoglobin
     other blood levels looked good (thyroid, glucose, liver,
gallbladder,pancreas  celiac antibody blood test)

5.  More irritable and behaviorial problems

6.  Maybe joint pain?  Hard to say but he doesnt want to seem to walk as
much

7.  Easy to bruise  (although the blood clotting test came back okay)-

8.  HUNGRY all the time??

9. Belly is a little bloated

10.  Sometimes the tummy pain seems to be related to stress or exercise  and
other times he wakes up in the n ght with tummy pain??

. we did a stomach x-ray-  it didnt show anythign out of the ordinary but
there was a little gas in there and stool

the endoscopy showed the villi were a little blunted and a little
inflammation but the nurse said a little inflammation is normal.

I still need to talk to the Dr and like i said he is waitign on a few more
tests but i dont think he knows what is going on either?

he has gained weight in the last several months b ut he does eat a lot too-
   I worry since he is slightly anemic there is some type of absorption
problem which is why he is hungry all the time???  or does eatign relieve
his tummy pain???

he is not constipated

i did a google search and mastocytosis came back so i will ask the Dr. about
that.

any other ideas or tests or things to look for or ask the doctor to test
for?

I am keepig na food diary trying to find a pattern  but i havent found one
yet..?

we are really strict about his diet and other gluten related issues.  And he
was fine for a year after being diagnosed and his diet hasnt changed much so
I dont think it is that but we are re-examing all he ingests and things he
is around (cross contamination etc...)

thanks for any advice and suggestions,

suzanne