From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 22:46:27 -0400

In a few weeks, I'll be flying Swiss International Edelweiss Air (to Africa and returning from Africa), I will need a gluten-free meal at Kennedy Airport, prior to leaving for Africa, and then again, in Zurich, during a layover, returning home.

On the return trip, after a flight from Zurich to NY, we'll probably be on the outside of TSA to get our luggage, and I don't know if there is anything on that side too, where we could grab dinner before a three hour drive home.  (Hmmm.  We're taking a limo service.  I wonder if I can pay him extra to make a stop in Brooklyn, at our favorite deli, even if all I get is a pile of corned beef!)

Does anyone have any suggestions for gluten-free meals in either locations, in related terminals?  (I don't know the terminals yet.)

I travel with some spare protein bars and snacks, but not sure what I'll have left over at the end of the trip, and haven't found out yet what I'm not allowed to bring into Kenya.

The internet has been less than helpful, so I'm asking....hoping someone on the list has had success in these airports.

I eat healthy...low carb, low sugar, low salt.  I control my diabetes with exercise and diet.  So every time I take a trip, it's an adventure, not just with gf, but in trying to stick to healthy, low glycemic meals.

Thanks.  Lin

*******
*******