From:
Rick B Schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 17:27:11 -0500

I received a catalog from a gluten-free company today and they have tons
of delicious looking mixes for breads, muffins, pancakes, etc.  I would
love to purchase some of these mixes and try them. The only problem is
what happened the last time I used a lot of packaged items. Even though
they were gluten-free, I had some old familiar symptoms once again that I
thought were gone for good after going gf three years ago. So, I stopped
using all packaged gf mixes and just stuck to eating fresh, whole foods.

Has anyone else had this problem? It could be that I wasn't healed enough
at the time, which was just under a year after being diagnosed with
celiac disease, and reacted to something in the mixes. It's very tempting
to try "Apple Spice Muffin Mix" and "Maple Raisin Muffin Mix." Does yeast
in the bread mixes bother any of you?

Christie in TX