From:
Wanda Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wanda Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:21:48 -0800

After I posted this from Jimmy Dean Sausage:

Thank you for visiting the Jimmy Dean web site.  We appreciate your
interest in our products and are happy to assist you with your questions and/or concerns.

Jimmy Dean fresh sausage meat, Regular, Special Recipe and Hot Roll
Sausage, Skinless Sausage Links, Dinner Sausage and Patties do not contain wheat or gluten products.  There are no artificial ingredients in
our fresh sausage.  However, our smoked sausage, bacon, precooked sausage
and our sandwiches are not gluten free.

I received this question from a person on the list serve:

Wasn't Jimmy Dean the company where, a year or two ago, they said the
sausages were gluten-free, but the packaging had a coating on the inside
that contained gluten?

I then emailed Jimmy Dean again and received this reply:

There is no Gluten, wheat, or any other allergens in or on the packaging
that Jimmy Dean is packaged in.