From:
Nancy Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 22:04:49 -0400

Thanks to everyone for lots of responses on Boston-area restaurants.   Below
is a summary of those responses with some relevant comments.

Several people mentioned the following restaurants:

- Tantawan (Thai) - 356 Arsenal St., Watertown:   Chef is reportedly very
knowledgeable and accommodating.

- Legal Seafoods - various locations:  Strict approach to food allergies.
"Their policy is that the waiter must get the manager who personally works
with the chef to accommodate and ensure that there is no
cross-contamination."

- P.F. Chang's China Bistro - Park Plaza, Boston:   Has a GF menu.  "They'll
use GF soy sauce if you request it"

Other restaurants that received mentions:
- Bay Tower Room - Boston:  A chef there is familiar with GF diet.
- Naked Fish - various locations

- Elephant Walk (Cambodian/French) - various locations

- Pho Pasteur (Vietnamese) - various locations:   "noodle soups or bun bowls
recommended"

- Outback Steakhouse

- Cracker Barrel

- ??? (Tibetan) - Pearl St, Cambridge

- Indian restaurants in general

- Chef Chow (Chinese) - Coolidge Corner, Brookline:   "I take my own soy
sauce...they use their own chicken broth (home made), corn starch and sugar
w/ my sauce to make a sauce for me for my entree."

- Mr. Sushi - Coolidge Corner, Brookline  - "do not eat the imitation crab
meat or the eel. Take your own soy sauce."

- Brown Sugar (Thai) - 1033 Comm. Ave, Brighton

Also, the Boston support group Healthy Villi is compiling restaurant info.

---
Nancy Parker