From:
Laura Rao <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Rao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 19:15:38 -0500

Hey everyone,

I read this and thought you might be interested too.

Laura
Hi Laura, I managed a McDonald's for 3 years, and I can tell you, in my
area, there is cross-contamination with the fryers that are supposed to
be dedicated. When they clean the oil, they use a filtering device that
looks some what like a vacuum cleaner. They place a clean filter in the
bottom for each fry vat to suck up all the oil, then it is circulated in
this cleaner for several minutes, after which, it is placed back in the
fryer that has been scrubbed clean. They use the same cleaner for ALL
fryer vats in the store, with out cleaning it in between cycles. It is
cleaned after all the vats are cleaned, but not in between. You should
ask your local managers, if they filter their fry vats, and if so; do
they use the same filter for the nugget vats. Wishing you good
health

NicholeDothan,AL