From:
The Reid's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:08:14 +1100

At my local library I came across this book:
'Bread Machine Baking for Better Health' by Maureen Keane & Daniella
Chace (1994 & 1998)

It has a chapter on baking gluten free breads (substituting soy milk for
dairy milk as well - I guess you could use Lactaid as an alternative)
and it also explains about coeliac disease & DH.  They have some good
tips on baking gf breads too!

So I made one of the breads in my machine, and it came out really really
well.  My family was very impressed. The gf recipes listed are:
Sunflower Raisin Bran Bread, Yoghurt Chive Bread (not lactose free),
Brown Rice Bread, Prune Rice Bread, Rice & Raisin Bread, Baked Apple
Bread, Sesame Butter Rice Bread, Dated Poppyseed Bread, Peanut Butter &
Apple Rice Bread, Seeded Onion Rice Bread, and Banana Rice Bread.

I haven't made good use of my bread machine because of the poor quality
bread it made (not because of the machine, but the pre-mixes I was
using.  Most of them had milk powder).

I searched the archives, and could not find it mentioned.  It is still
available new, and also some 2nd hand copies of the 94 edition are
floating round.

Has anyone else tried these recipies?  (By the way, I have absolutely no
connection with this book or the authors at all.)

Jean
Melbourne, Oz