From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:01:45 -0800

We celiacs have so many food reactions, I'm wondering if we react more
strongly to various foods than others.  For a week now I've been noticing
that I'm so sleepy in the afternoon, I can't hold my eyes open no matter how
hard I try.  This is NOT my usual pattern.  I sleep very well at night &
wake up in morning refreshed, so I know I'm not suffering sleep deprivation.
  I've crashed into a deep, DEEP sleep for 2 to 3 hours almost every
afternoon.  At first, I thought I must have a "bug" or something.  Then I
noticed the pattern, the days I've crashed were after eating soup.  The soup
was made with the turkey broth I made from my Thanksgiving turkey bones!
I've heard that turkey meat could cause sleepiness, so I've avoided it for
lunch, but I didn't know that turkey bone broth contained enough tryptophan
to sedate me for a couple of hours!  Isn't that funny?  I learn something
new every day.

What I'm wondering is, if others have had similar experience with turkey
broth (or turkey meat) or if I'm especially sensitive to this.  Any
thoughts?

Valerie in Tacoma