From:
Sharon McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 18:45:07 -0700

I got two responses to my SBC Park concession food question.  I will give an update after we go!

I go straight to Orlando's restaurant (out under  the big baseball glove) and order a cha-cha bowl--yummy!  I am very gluten  sensitive, so I would have known immediately if there was a problem.  I  also order the garlic fries with impunity.  I have tried contacting the  park to find out about GF offerings, but have never had any luck.

Make ahead some corn cakes.  They are thin and taste like corn dogs when wrapped around the dog or brat.  They hold up too.  Nachoes are most always OK too. Here  is the recipe.  They are best eaten the same day.  I usually  Pop them in a zip lock bag to take with me.  I use them at picnics all the time.  You might want to experiment with some sour cream (not much) in them for extra moisture so they last longer.  I haven't.  They don't last that long.  What I don't eat with brats, I douse with butter.  As a post script....I have found that hot dogs and brats in general are safe.  They will do a dog for you and request the careful treatment.  Picked up with clean glove or utinsel.  I have even gotten a crustless pizza at some places.  Take a small disposable loaf pan (5 to 6 in long 4in wide) have them build a pizza in it minus the crust.  Can be GREAT!  You taste more of the "toppings" and seems much more flavorful.
 Griddle corn cakes

 1 c corn meal
 1/2 c GF flour mix  (Bette Hagmans is what I use)
 3 tspa baking powder
 1/2 tsp salt
 2 Tbs sugar
 1 egg
 1  1/2 c milk
 4 Tbs oil or melted margarine.

 Mix dry ingredients.  Beat egg, add milk and mix thoroughly with flour mixture.  Add oil, beat well (by hand with fork)  Bake on a hot griddle.    I use an old crepe pan that is about 6 inches in diameter and I use the 1/8 c measure.  You make them kinda thin like crepes.  If you get them too thick, they break when you fold them.